Saturday 31 October 2015

A Crazy Stupid Dream




When i was in deep sleep after late Friday night party, i saw this dream which was unnatural, imaginary, fictional and of-course a stupid dream at around 5:10 AM in the morning which scared shit out of me. 

Dream: 

It was evening in my village. Me and my brother Sagar was walking towards our rice mill to meet my other brother Roshan. I suddenly saw a moving shadow image of a herd with more than 50 elephants  walking in a line on a hill few miles outside our village. It was getting dark in the evening. It was not so clear where they were heading. But it looked like they were heading towards our village. Then i saw images of rhinos, tigers attacking wild buffaloes. There were zebras and giraffes too. I was stunned and my blood went cold. I stood there like a sculpture watching them getting down the hill and walking towards our village. Sagar was walking ahead of me and I was behind. He was talking something, thinking that i am following him and listening. But i was not and he didn't notice me trailing back. I called him and showed him the nerve-racking scene. He was like "What the F**K?". We had only few minutes to react. We got into a nearby 2 storey house which was empty. I rushed to the roof top and told Sagar who was following my steps to close the main door of the house. As soon as i reached the roof top, i called up my brother Roshan and told him get into a safe place preferably into our rice which has solid walls and iron doors. He said he is in our farm and it will take few minutes to reach our rice mill. I told him to forget all the work and rush to rice mill along with our workers and lock the doors from inside. I didn't want to take chances. You never know what monkeys can do. I have seen in movies. Monkeys can open the locks. So i insisted him not to lock the doors of our ricemill from outside. Then i called up my pregnant wife Pooja who was at our house in our village along with my dad, mom and grandma. I told her this freaking story. I told her to lock all the doors in our house, take our people and get into our room on the roof top. By the time i finished calling our people, animals had attacked our village. Me and Sagar were frightened to see animals killing people. It was a blood-curdling episode. After few moments, i heard a roaring echo of cheatahs from inside the house we were taking shelter. I rechecked with Sagar if he has locked the main door in the ground floor. His face told me that he didn't. I immediately reacted and was getting down to lock atleast doors of first floor so that i can stop them coming up to the roof top. But i was late. They had already reached the floor and they climbing steps which would bring them to the roof top. In few seconds they were standing in front of us. One was black jaguar which was staring at Sagar. Other was brown cheetah with black spots on it, standing behind the black cat and was interested in me. I thought of jumping out from the roof to the ground taking Sagar along with me. But there were tigers, lions and elephants killing whoever they see. I thought ours was much better state. There were only two cats. But i was wrong. Before we react, black one attacked Sagar and in one shot it grabbed his neck. That was the maximum you can take in a dream. Watching one wild cat killing your own brother. That is the horrifying moment which will wake you up from the dream. I woke up from the dream sweating. My tee was wet around my neck. I had few glasses of water and thanked god it was just a dream. It was around 5:30 in the morning. I tried to get back to sleep, but i could not. Got freshen up and went for a walk.

Hell of a dream, right? Yes, it was. But it was stupid too. Because, there are no hills around which we could see from our village. Grandma i saw in my dream is no more with us. She passed away two years back. Pooja is no more pregnant. She gave birth to a girl two weeks back. And there are no multi storey buildings on the way to our rice mill in our village.

This is not the first time am experiencing this. Few months before, i saw a dream where i was hiding in a shed while four tigers attacking my aunt in my grandpa farm and i was scared and calling her loudly to get back to the shed but she didn't. I got up sweating on my bed, when a tiger grabbed her neck. As soon as i got up, i woke up my wife and told her the story. She acted like she can feel what i saw for few minutes and went back to sleep. I keep seeing these kind of dreams very often and the worst part is i can remember my dreams in the morning. I can recollect and tell what i saw in my dream to people. Many laugh and forget. Few sit back and discuss on that. I might need to visit a psychiatrist again (on a lighter note). I told this to my mom. She was worried. She thought for a moment and told me that may be am getting these dreams as am a nature lover and green activist. I love animals and i am worried about forests encroachment. 

Probably its a sign to me. May be nature is telling me its time to act on it. May be i should join green activists who are already fighting to save forests and wild life and work with them closely.

With Love,

RaDa

No comments:

Post a Comment